Thursday 9 June 2011

Turkish Adventures

So I have arrived in Turkey and have been enjoying every day.
It's been nothing but sun and warm weather along with great friends and amazing times.
So far I have visited all the famous mosques on both the Asian side and European side. I can tell you one thing life here is never boring and is continuously changing every day. I have caught up on the language and have managed to lose my english in the mean time. The sites here are absolutely fantastic.
I'm so lucky to have friends here to show me the real Turkish cities and places.
I've fallen in love with a place called Moda which is located on the Asian side of Turkey. The streets feel familiar to me, very similar to Halifax. Close small cafe's and restaurants with the servers yelling out to you from their patio's like "hunters" we call them, trying to coax you.
I have probably tried every type of traditional Turkish food you could imagine, have also learned how to cook some meals and discovered a delicious beer called Effes which is Turkeys most popular beer.
The shopping here is incredible, imagine a huge street and all there are is a bar store bar store bar store.

My friends are getting antsy as I make them wait as I update this blog.
There's more to tell but I will write more later


Much love and CONSTANTLY thinking of all of you.




The second image is of a little girl who was running around the Blue Mosque and sat down and smiled for me as I took her photo. (I've been very interested in the children here.. they have a lot of issues with child labour.. begging for money, watch Slumdog Millionaire and then you'll understand)

The first image is at a famous HUGE ass palace on the Eruo side, Bengi and I look like ants in one of the courtyards (the womans side)

The last image is a famous underground water storage that Turkey used to thrive off of, there are over 300 pillars and famous statues of Madusa located here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment